Monday, September 22, 2008

Raise Ya Got Damn Kids!!

You know what, I believe that the youth of today do some silly shyt. Hold up, I take that back...looking at history, I'd adjust that last sentence and take "of today" out. Now, I a firm believer that being young and discovering the world and learning about yourself, others, and your enviornment directly affects your actions and your way of thinking. Also, when you really think about it, a child comes into this world with a blank slate and it's others (namely adults) who are around them whom have the power of influence - be it good or bad.

After watching this video, I was speechless.



Now I don't know who the older woman was videotaping and eggin' the little girls, but I'd assume it was their mother or someone with close ties with the family. Not only is she basically coaching the kids to cuss out this other lady, but she had a stroke of brilliance and decided to video tape it. I ain't one to snitch, but fugg it, if I knew these individuals, the authorities might have to get a link to this shyt. Call me 'punk ass Chauncey' if you want. Sticks and stones. That's only after I checked her for her ignorant ass behavior and made her explain to the children that she was wrong for enticing them to make such a hate-filled video. Judging by the tone of the older chick though, she would've rejected my requests so that's why her ass would have contributing to the delinquency of minors charges or at the very least reported to DFACS. This is insane.

I don't have any children and I'm not one to tell parents how to raise theirs, but they should know that there are consequences for their actions.

***SIDENOTE: Actually, I do have children. My tax dollars is paying for hella kids whose parents aren't mature or responsible enough to care for their own so shiiiddd, you might as well call me 'daddy'. END SIDENOTE***

And just to set the record straight, don't try to blame this shyt on rap music. That cop out is OLD, TIRED, and just FALSE!! People just need to raise their damn kids in a more responsible manner.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I can't watch the video because I am at work and I am sure that my customers dont want to hear that in the background lol. but i totally get your message. People need to start raising their kids and raising them right. My girl and I were just talkin about htis today after a scuff her son got into on the playground.

And as far as blaming rap for stuff like this you are completely right. I do think that a lot of rap music doesnt help the situation but it is definitely not the cause of issues like this. It contributes to it but no more than a lot of other things going on... Just like Jay-Z says in "Ignorant Shit"

"What do my lyrics got to do with this SHIT?
SCARFACE the movie did more than Scarface the rapper to me
Still that ain't the blame for all the shit that's happened to me
Are you saying what I'm spitting,
Is worse than these celebutantes showin' they kitten, you kidding?
Lets stop the bullshittin'"

anyway that's my opinion...

Telese said...

Saw this a little while ago....the sad thing is I saw another video with one of these same little girls from this video with another girl doing the same thing. The voice behind the camera sounds the same too. I don't think that is their mother, well at least I hope it's not, wishful thinking maybe? Someone today just sent me a video today of a little boy who was telling the camera man how "he has sex with girls in the butt" and "there are a bunch of girls in his class that want to suck his dick". The little boy couldn't have been more than 8 ot 9 yrs old. I just don't understand why these people have the children at all. And I agree this has nothing to do with rap, I was listening to a whole lot worse growing up and I never acted this way, I just don't understand....SMDH!!...this shit goes way over my head. I'd have to snitch on these people too.

P.S. Nobody is calling your ass "Daddy"...LOL!!!!!!!

Monk said...

QB - Love the Jay reference, very apropos to this situation. I will say when it comes to the responsibility of artists, I'm kinda torn. The optimistic side of me wishes that more artist were more responsible in what they put out. However, the artist in ME says that that logic is an oxymoron. An artist should be able to create whatever type of art they want. Some people may use their art to uplift people...others may just do it for the fuck of it as a form of expression for themselves. If they choose to share it with the rest of the world, so be it. That's their perrogative.

Telese - I saw that video you spoke of too and I tried to post it but they deleted the youtube video. I know it's still out there somewhere but I was too lazy to look for it. And you know what the title of that joint was?? 'The 7Mile Mack' or somethin' like that. Those folks are from the crib!! Just like YOUR people to do some shyt like that. *smh*

And although I'm not 'literally' a 'daddy', smart ass (LOL!!), I think paying taxes (read: 'child support') entitles me to a "Happy Father's Day" wish at least...lol.

Telese said...

Nooooo!!!!!!....why, why why do they have to be from home!!!...Dammit!!!...LOL!!! My girl posted that as a bulletin on myspace and the people commenting assumed it was from down south. I didn't think so but I had no idea they were from home...Dammit..SMH!!!

Now if you deserve a Happy Father's Day then I guess that means I deserve a Happy Mother's Day since my taxes don't happen to be outstanding...LOL!!! Now since my birthday is during the week if not the same day as Mother's Day, does that mean I deserve two gifts?....LOL!!!!

Monk said...

Telese, I don't know about the two gifts because It's So Coooolllllddd In the D...LOL!!!!

Telese said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....you are killin' me....LOL!!!!!!!

And that cold in the "D" stuff doesn't apply when it comes to my two gifts because you're in the ATL so shouldn't you be somewhere screaming "it ain't trickin' if you got it"...LOL!!!! by the way I like the new background;-)

Monk said...

Telese, 'It's So Cold In The D' applies to both of us my sweet darling...because although we're not there, the 'D' is still entrinched in our blood...our DNA, if you will. Although we grow in our traveloids of life..and we see things that other 'only-been-in-Motown' folks have not, we must denounce the materialistic aspect of the 'D' that's inside all of us. *Farrakhan voice* You don't need two gifts, my sistaahhh!! You should be suffice with a hug from a good, black man. Peace be with you.

And, you should already know that when it comes to the "IT AIN'T TRICKIN' EVEN IF YOU GOT IT!" theorem, I don't subscribe to that.

Please recall my previous blogs. Since we're cool like that though, I might just buy your thirsty ass a drink...cause I'm nice like that. LOL!!!!

Telese said...

LOL!!!...I WAS referring to the past blogs Mr. Thomas...why do think I said it?..LOL!!! I gave up the materialistic ways of the "D" a long time ago...I won't lie and say that I never thought that way but let's just say leaving and a lot of growing up changed that...it's one of the major reasons I just don't fit there anymore...I'd take a warm hug over an Escalade anyday...just like I tell people all the time....my nephew's hugs or when my godson falls asleep on my chest makes me feel better than any paycheck ever has.

P.S. I can buy my own drinks...don't want you hanging around all night because you bought one drink...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luvvie said...

That shit just BLEW me. Thats why some folks cant never be shit. Losers raising loser kids makes loser generations.

I cant.