Friday, June 12, 2009

The Worst Drug Known To Man


“10lbs. 197kts. Very very real I don’t know what fake feel like.$410,000. Hola señor recession proof. With 32 cars.Oldest child 5 and already got 4 million in her own account.I dont do dumb shit like this till I know the fams good. So don’t judge me frm what I buy.Judge me frm what I do.Cuz it’s so many artists that put themself before their family.but thanx yo" - T-Pain via his Twitter.

Alright. When I first saw this piece of gawdy ass jewlery, all I could ask myself is "why, why, why??" With head down in the palms of my hands, I thought to call T-Pain every synonym I could think of for the word "coon". I mean, really, what's an appropriate time and/or event to wear this type of chain? Weighing in a 10 pounds and costing two fifths of a million dollars, I don't think this is something that you would wear everyday. If he's in the studio working, there's no reason to wear it there. Red carpet event? Nope. Music video shoot? Maybe, but once you wear it in one clip, it's kinda ran its course and it's not fresh anymore. When hanging out with his kids? Ummm, no. While making an appearance at the club? Yes, if you wanna invite dem jackboys to relieve you of that ten pounds around your neck. During the sexing of a groupie (or wife)? I'm quite sure no woman wants a "BIG ASS CHAIN" smacking up against their flesh while making whoopee. Maybe a "BIG ASS..." something else, but definitely not a "CHAIN".

Now, at a time when rappers (most who wear fake and flawed jewels anyway) switch up their "chain game" every 6 to 9 months or so, I suppose he can always create enough photo ops for himself and this "BIG ASS CHAIN" and then just recycle the stones in it for making something else. Then again, if he wants to spend his cheese that way, hey, who am I (read: broke ass) to knock him. Do ya thang...shine on 'dem fools and give your ego an ultra boost if you wanna (read: need to)...lol!!

***SIDENOTE: I think it's cool how most actors and actresses are basically LOANED jewlery, dresses, gowns, and suits by respectable designers and jewelers when it's time to make public appearances, but niggas just go crazy and feel the need to buy shyt up. END SIDENOTE***

The thing that does get me though is the fact that he admits, "I dont do dumb shit like this till I know the fams good. So don’t judge me..." yada yada yada. Whoa!! Ok, you KNOW that it's "dumb shit", yet you STILL take pride in doing it???? Your daughter may have millions in a bank account, but who knows, with a father who does DUMB SHIT, those millions can evaporate by her 21st birthday if she doesn't make the right decisions and do DUMB SHIT herself. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Obviously though, her pops has a good head on his shoulders and she'll be raised to make good, sound choices.

*can you hear the sarcasm echoing up HERE...Here...here...??*

Trust, I'm not a fan of telling people what to do with their money 'cause I damn sure don't want nobody telling me what to do with mine. If Oprah wants to build a scandal-ridden school in South Africa while the school system in America struggles to keep up with the rest of the globe, so be it. If a singer (he's more of a singer than rapper folks) wants to spend a half-a-mil on one piece of jewlery, more power to ya. I just ask with all the wisdom and foresight that you apparently have, genius, is that REALLY what you wanna do??

No comments: