Thursday, June 25, 2009

"This Is Bad, Real Bad, Michael Jackson"


Betcha when Kanye West rapped those lines he never expected that months later, MJ would be deceased at the age of 50.

Although many folks really have a love/hate relationship with Michael Jackson because of his accusations, trials, and a host of other issues that has plagued his life, there's no taking away the fact that he is an iconic entertainer who in many ways sacrificed his entire life for the entertainment of all. Every soul in our generation has at least one amazing Michael Jackson memory that's as vivid in our minds as if it happened just yesterday. Whether it's opening that gift box on Christmas Day to find out that your auntie bought you a "Beat It" jacket...or watching the Victory tour on TV and reenacting the brothers' performance in your grandmother's backyard as family members and neighbors watched...or trying to perfectly do the moon walk and other signature dances and moves he popularized, we all had some type of connection to Michael. Don't front...I know I'm the only one who did all those things...lol!!

My love for music runs DEEP and Jackson's legendary "Thriller" album was the first record I ever bought with my own money. I remember ripping off the plastic on it as if I could play the record in my father's car or something. Realizing that I couldn't of course, I just opted to read the lyrics and the liner notes during the car ride home. Michael's death comes as a "thriller" in it's own right, but at least the memories that we have of him will live on forever. You'll be missed Mike Jack.

Here's one of the GREATEST VIDEOS OF ALL TIME starring Michael Jackson and a slew of others..."Remember The Time".

No comments: