Thursday, April 2, 2009

R.I.P. To The KING

Although I can't say it's a real shocker, KING magazine has shut down noting the reccession as the reason. I used to buy KING faithfully...for the articles of course. It was a cool men's mag and the name of it was fitting for me (since I'm a...well, KING) so I was an easy catch. I was its demographic audience.

KING mag, in my opinion, was a pioneer at promoting ethnic models at a time when there was a drastic need for this platform. As oppose to the traditional standards of beauty mainstream America drools over in white publications, KING used its covers to display the undeniable appeal of some of Hollywood's and the music world's most attractive women of color. It was also instrumental in the careers of some of the hottest up-and-coming models in the game like my homie Challedon "Shy" Saltor.

And again...they had some cool articles.

Anyway, with them folding, I wanted to give them a tribute of what I felt was some of their best covers. Check 'em out...



Shout to all the writers, editors, photographers, models, and celebrities that made KING what it was.

1 comment:

MzGunn said...

Like I said on FaceBook. Good Riddins!! LmAO. I only saw one or two covers that I thought were tasteful. The rest.... ugh.