Sunday, April 26, 2009

Coonin' part THREE!! No Mo' Fried Chicken


"You mean to tell me that we can't feed our kids because y'all didn't order enough chicken. Y'all knew y'all was having this special almost two months ago."

"It's very disappointing, I wanted some chicken today."

"This is ridiculous."

"They should of had a tractor trailer out back with extra chicken on ice, you know?"

"I was trying to feed my family tonight. Can't get that bucket in now."

"I'm never coming back now. I'm serious. I'm done."

"We've been looking foward to this day."

"How you gonna run out of chicken? That's all I have to say."

As some of you know, this past Wednesday, April 22nd, Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits had a deal that advertised 8 pieces of fried chicken for the jaw-dropping price of $4.99. People.Were.On.It.

As I pulled into the West End mall to get my hair cut, the line in the Lee St. Popeyes extended well into the street. I thought to myself, hmmmm...I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight. When I left the barber shop, the line had shrunken but I no longer desired that crispy Louisiana fried chicken. My taste buds had moved on. C'est a Vie.

Lo and behold, I later find out that in other places across the country, some Popeyes had ran out of chicken. THAT'S when the shyt hits the fan.



The quotes above are from some very disappointed folks who were unable to take advantage of the chicken deal. After watching the video, all I could do is shake my head in disbelief. After all the stereotypes that we try to debunk, here we have a handful of people crying to news cameras about how they NEED that good ol' fried chicken. Although I deeply believe that EVERYONE lubs fried chicken, all the people in the news story are Black.

Damn.

I could only imagine people of other races sitting around their television sets or computer screens talkin' 'bout, "Them niggas love their fried chicken, don't they?"

Although I want to say shame on the reporter, producer, camera op, and editor for the story, this is a special "Coonin'" moment for all the individuals who are seen and heard in this video.

Please, cease the Coonin'.

video courtesy of Telese

No comments: