Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Throwback Video: "You Must Learn" by BDP


In honor of Black History Month, I just wanted to post this video from one of the greatest emcees of all time, KRS-ONE and his BDP crew. It's hard to believe that this song came out TWENTY YEARS AGO. 1989...WOW!! Actually, after listening to Kris' verses in this song, it inspired me to look up some of the historical figures he mentioned and I learned a lot. I vividly remembering finding out that Madame C.J. Walker did not only just invent the straightening comb, but she was the first female (black or white) who became a millionaire through her own business. I thank KRS (and HipHop) for that.
Anyway, enjoy and spread the knowledge and shyt.

Oh yeah, I have a pleasantly delightful post that will provide a little more insight to the GREATNESS of Madame C.J.Walker later in the week. Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

Telese said...

You know...I've always felt a little conflicted regarding Madame C.J. Walker but I'll wait for your post on her to expand on that thought.:-)