Friday, January 9, 2009

16 Randoms a.k.a. What You Know About That?!

The homie qb tagged me a while back and since I just posted this on another site, I decided to post it on here also.


Ok, so I was tagged to make a "Random Things You Don't Know About Me" List. You've seen these before - the rules are you make the list and tag your other friends and they make their lists and tag mo' people, mo' people make their lists and tag even mo' people, even mo' people make their lists...well, you get the point...lol. Well rules are made to be broken so I ain't taggin' no one. If you read this and decide you want to make a list feel free to let me know though...hahaaa...

Now that that's out the way, let's get to it.

Aight, these are about to be VERY random.


1. I was born in Henry Ford Hospital, took driver's training at Henry Ford High School, have owned cars from the Chrylser and GMC (and foreign) families, but have never owned a Ford.

2. My favorite rapper is white and my favorite author is Black.

3. Oh yeah, I'm my own favorite author.

***EDIT: I don't think I'm a better writer, per say, than others, I just enjoy writing and I love going back weeks, months, years later and reading what I wrote. Besides, how can I be a better writer when I'm clearly in my OWN category??Duh...***

4. I was born on November 16th and approximately nine months before that is February 14th so I have a suspicion that I was conceived on Valentines Day. When I asked my mother about the possibility, she said she couldn't say for sure, but said they used to have some GOOD times on Valentines day. Thanks mom for making me throw up a bit in my mouth.

***EDIT: Since we're on the topic of birthdays and Valentines Day, I thought I'll throw this out there. My sister's Born Day is February 14th also which is of course Valentines Day. AND, she's due to have her first child, my first nephew, on or around that day this year. Cool.***

5. I learned a whole lot from listening to Gangsta Rap when I was younger. It's really more conscious than people give it credit for...it's all about what you take from it. Also, it was more genuine and less politically-correct (read: real) back then and not watered down with artists who ONLY concern is to sell records (oops...I mean C.D.'s...or mp3 downloads) and ringtones by compromising their integrity.

6. A primary reason why I voted for Barack Obama WAS because he's Black. Yeah, I said it. Of course he's the BEST person for the job, but beyond the issues, I felt the larger impact it would have on a global scale for the U.S. to elect a Black dude was serving US and the world a greater purpose. I liked Hillary's healthcare plan better actually.

7. "Different World", "School Daze", and Freak-Nik '94 (I was a senior in high school) ALL played a part in my decision to attend Clark Atlanta University.

Oh yeah, the Communications Dept. too.

8. My moms and pops (I only have one of each but I tend to throw "s"'s on it) were both born on March 4th. Pops is exactly one year older than my moms.

***EDIT: There goes that birthday thing again...***

9. My pops recently told me that when moms was pregnant with me, he wanted to have me aborted. I think this would have bothered some people to know this information, but it didn't affect me none.

10. I love rollercoasters. There isn't a one that I wouldn't get on. I also get a kick out of teasing people who are scared before, during, and after the ride...lol!!

11. I've never owned a pair of Jordans and probably never will. I don't think they're all that fly and something that trendy is definitely not worth the money in my opinion.

12. I love spending time with me better than anyone else. Hangin' with friends, family, or a loved one is always cool, but I NEEDS my "me time". I've always said that if I decide to get married, I would have to have a room or area of the house just for myself. If my wife doesn't like it, she could leave. LOL!!

13. I want to go to Africa. I know that sounds a bit like Nas in "Belly", but I'd like to travel the continent. It has absolutely nothing to do with tracing my roots or going back to the Motherland or any other corny shyt you hear Black folks say...I just wanna go. Traveling Europe and Asia are also on the list, but not as high as Africa.

14. I love going on jet boats, jet skiing, parasailing, and getting in the pool, but I can't swim if my life depended on it.

15. My favorite type of food is seafood with pizza coming in a close second. I do think the idea of seafood on a pizza is the most disgusting thing ever though. **SIDENOTE: I think it's kinda funny that I love pizza sauce, marinara sauce or whatever you wanna call it...but I HATE tomatoes. And yes, I just checked dictionary.com to see if I spelled the plural version of tomato correctly. END SIDENOTE** lol!!

16. To piggy-back off my sidenote, I like looking up shyt and learning stuff I didn't know before. If someone uses a word in which I don't know the meaning of, I won't hesitate to ask them or go to dictionary.com and look it up myself. I also google shyt at least three times a day to find out more information. Knowledge Is Power people...lol.

***BONUS TIDBIT***

17. I don't think I like being tagged for shyt like this...lol. But I'll chalk it up anyway :-)

4 comments:

Luvvie said...

I dig this. 8 million people have tagged me to do one and I think I will

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah no one likes being tagged but you had a very interesting list. :o)

i call my parents moms and pops too... funny.

Anonymous said...

"11. I've never owned a pair of Jordans and probably never will. I don't think they're all that fly and something that trendy is definitely not worth the money in my opinion."

This is good stuff, that and the fact that you love gangsta rap as much as I do...lol

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Monk, I loved this post! Laughed out loud at least twice and smiled on *nearly* all the other stuff. You and your fam are some good looking folks, too.

I not only would like to visit Africa but sometimes dream of living there. Scared though, since the social conditions in many countries are so inadequate. What happens if you have a bad car accident and need serious medical care and not in a major, modern city? Hell, I don't even know which cities are most like American ones with all the conveniences. If you ever see a post on that, let me know.

Give ya folks a special hug on Valentines Day, heh-heh, wink-wink.