Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Black Is The New Bitch

Photobucket

Ok...

In reading that title, how does that make you feel? If you find it offensive and disturbing, this post is probably about YOUR sensitive ass.

In recent years, I have found that the bitch-ivity meter amongst the black community in America is at an all-time HIGH. Blacks are really acting like little bitches with their overly-sensitive, non-sensicle rants about any and everything. It seems like all a white person has to do is breathe on a black person wrong and y'all niggas get your panties in a bunch and cry racist QUICK. NEGRO PLEASE!! Get over yourselves.

Just last year during the Michael Richards (Kramer) and Don Imus fiascos, I really thought that racism had been erased and was magically restored by the way some of these niggas reacted. NEWSFLASH NIGGER: Racism has and ALWAYS will exist in the world. Why are you so surprised that these two white niggas made the statements they did???? Did you REALLY think that we had overcome and we are being looked at as equals in a system that has thrived off of our CONTINUED oppression for centuries???? Do you think that they're not many whites that use derrogatory terms with regards to us every day, whether there's malice behind it or not??

Photobucket

Moreso, why does everything warrant a march or a damn protest? I respect Sharpton and Jackson for their efforts over the years and I truly believe that they're sincere with a lot of the things they do, but just because a white person says something off-color about someone black doesn't mean that we should lynch them. I hear Chris Rock and all the nigga comedians use terms like "cracker", "trailor park trash", and slurs directed towards other racial groups yet I don't see those groups bitching up and protesting shows and movies with these entertainers in them.

***SIDENOTE: I'm sick and tired of black stand-up comics always coming on stage using the same tired line, "I see we got some white folks in the audience tonight...*insert lame ass joke about white people here*". Man that shyt is beyond played out. If you don't have anything funny and original to say about them, don't acknowledge them niggas at all. Please. END SIDENOTE***

By now, I know some of you have checked out the blog StuffEducatedBlackPeopleLike.wordpress.com.. It's a carbon copy of the white site and basically it's satirical comedy that pokes fun at generalizations that exist among "educated" Blacks. The shyt is HILARIOUS!! If you haven't, you should check it out...

Anyway, after reading some of the comments that people were leaving, I was appalled at how many "educated" niggas Just. Don't. Get. It. The whole thing is meant to be a funny representation that "educated" blacks can relate to and get a quick laugh at - hence the whole satirical tone of the posts, but folks are leaving comments like the site is destoying the unity that exists amongst blacks or something (Can you hear the irony in my voice?).

It's a freakin' BLOG for crying out loud and bitch-ass black folks are acting like the author is the anti-christ just cause the humor (for the most part) is hitting a little too close to home. Again I say, NEGRO PLEASE.

I'm black and proud of it, but I hope y'all niggas learn to grow the fuck up and stop acting like little kids when someone calls you a name. Shiiiid...matter of fact, you're WORST than little kids cause at least most of them will either let the name-calling roll off of them or just call the person a name back instead bitching and crying about it. Invest that energy in something you have the power to actually change and not the petty bullshyt.

And remember, you're only a "nigger" if you answer to it.

9 comments:

Telese said...

Hmmmmm....not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand I do think some people are a little too sensitive....of course I read the stuff educated black people like blog and I thought it was hilarious...so I forwarded it to some people and some of them responsed with an array of I-didn't-find-that-entertaining comments. I actually thought that was funny because the same people technically fall into the educated black person crowd and have repeatedly made generalizations about "uneducated" black people....that is exactly why I can't be around people like them an we only correspond through email...they are always on their high horse for no reason.

However, some things I am just not okay with. The Michael Richards and Don Imus issues I don't think should have been ignored but sometimes I think we give them more power by making SUCH a big deal of things. The reason Chris Rock and any other comedian can go on and on about white people in their shows is because white people don't let us define them..they don't care what we think of them...and it SHOULD be vice versa. We (wait let me change that because I don't care) SOME care so much without realizing that in doing this you continually reveal weakness and how you can get to black people....just call them nigger, coon or whatever. I have issues with being treated like less than a human being and I believe when you address me with any derogatory name you're doing just that and therefore not acceptable. I guess it is all just person preference in terms of where each indiviual draws the line but there are definitely some people who need to lighten up a little.

Monk said...

You basically summed it up when you said, "white people don't let us define them...they don't care what we think of them"...

THAT'S how WE should be...period. Stop getting bent out of shape by minimal bullshyt.

I'm fully aware that racial tensions exist and I think that Blacks shouldn't act like it's a SURPRISE when a white nigga says something...

And by no means am I sayin' dismiss the statements made by Michael Richards...he made some racist statements and he deserve the backlash that he received. I just don't want us to get it twisted and believe that they're not others like that that permeate Hollywood and everyday society. It shouldn't come as a surprise because they're the people you work with...the communities you live in...and the malls you shop in. Racism is ALIVE and ain't goin' NOWHERE. Fact of Life.

Telese said...

Yeah I know what you're saying....I am never suprised by racist behavior...in fact I'd rather see it. In the Midwest I always felt it was hidden but when I was in the South the people who didn't like black people made it clear, and I appreciated it. If you have a problem with me I'd like to know, so that if possible I don't involve myself with you and you don't have to involve yourself with me. I don't care who LIKES me as long as you treat me with common decency when we're in each others path then I'm fine. After our paths cross and we do whatever we needed to do we move on and live our lives.

Monk said...

I feel you, but It's TOO many of YOUR cousins who are bitchin' just for the sake of bitchin'...

That shyt needs to stop...

Telese said...

LOL!!!!!!....MY cousins....oh I guess since you're a lite brite they're not your family huh?...lol!!!!!!!

Princess Kandy said...

I don't think there is much that I can say about this blog. I am in agreement with you in regard to the level of sensitivity shown by blacks.

Me, I live in my own world and live by my own rules, so anybody outside my bubble I could really care less about, let alone what they say or choose to call me. What matters is what I answer to and how I answer.

Monk said...

I feel that 100%!!

Jacinta Howard said...

i didn't find the south park thing offensive because i saw the episode and watch south park every great now and then, so i get what they do. plus, if you've ever seen the little mini they did for Bowling for Columbine, you'd really understand where the dudes are coming from...

now, i will say this-- white folks are not nearly as "sensitive," or more accurately, concerned with black folks perception of them for one simple reason-- they still have all of the political, economic and social power in this country-- and really the rest of the free world. of course it's easy for them to brush off the comments of some black comedians, or laugh along with them-- they're comments, ideas, thoughts have no real weight as it pertains to them achieving and prospering.

for black people, that simply isn't the case. because we are so oppressed (as you pointed out) and continue to lag behind white folks in terms of income, education and overall opportunity, when white "entertainers" or just general folk get spouting out racists comments- it hits harder. the question then becomes, "is this the way white folks in general feel"? Is Don Imus or whoever's comments just a reflection of the overall mentality of white people? Is THIS the reason why we ain't progressing in this country as black folks?? See what I'm saying?

As far as the Stuff Educated Black Folk blog-- I don't find it funny. Not cuz I think it's offensive, rather because it just ain't as funny as the original Stuff White People like blog. Sorry. BUT some misguided black folks are probably upset at it because of our history in this country. Shoot, integration just happened, what in 1954? (Legally anyway, our schools are still segregated). They probably are not so far removed from those old feelings that they can laugh at something intended to be sarcastic and funny-- even if they should.

Monk said...

I loved that "South Park" episode and I know it wasn't any malice behind it.

Just because we "lag behind white folks" is no excuse for being so freakin' sensitive. If white folks feel a certain racist way in general, so the hell what. We need to stop looking for validation from white folks anyway. Racism has and will always plague the world - it ain't going nowhere. It's just surprising to me that black people get all shocked when it rears its evil head. By now, we should expect to see it...even if it is more subtle as it's been in recent decades.