Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Children Are The Future, But What About NOW?!?!


While everyone is trippin' off the controversy and/or how "good" President Obama's speech was to the children, I find it sad that the poingnant points can be applied to many (if not most) adults.

I didn't tune into the speech (I had shyt to do), but I did take the time to read the transcript online. Although there isn't anything in the speech that is new or ground-breaking that hasn't been said countless times, I guess it's kinda cool for the kids to hear it from someone who's not their parent or teacher. They probably could've gotten the same message from listening to R.Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly" or even Nas' "I Know I Can" though. Don't hate me, Obama dyck ryders...you know it's true.

As I said before though, the speech is definitely not exclusive to children as our society is filled with grown ass adults who can definitely learn a thing or two from it. Who the hell am I kiddin'? If we ALL (no exemption of myself) was to seriously do a serious lil' self-evaluation, I'm sure none of us is completely living up to our absolute greatest potential. Lie to yourself if you want to.

Although I can rehash many times in my personal and professional life where I have slouched off a bit on this blog and have you all read them, I rather not. Instead, I'll just turn to my inner-self, do the evaluation, and correct any ongoing issues that I may still have. And instead you reading my laundry list, I suggest you just do the same.

Some kids may take something extremely inspiring and motivational from Obama's speech, but many won't. And even though I'm not the President of the United States, similarly, many adults won't even take the time to seriously evaluate their own life and see how they can improve, but if my "Presidential" blog here encourages at least one, I guess it serves its purpose.

Just Do better.

No comments: