Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Spring Again


spring: (verb), sprang or, often, sprung; sprung; spring⋅ing; noun, adjective
–verb (used without object)
1. to rise, leap, move, or act suddenly and swiftly, as by a sudden dart or thrust forward or outward, or being suddenly released from a coiled or constrained position: to spring into the air; a tiger (or MONK) about to spring.

2. the season between winter and summer: in the Northern Hemisphere from the vernal equinox to the summer solstice; in the Southern Hemisphere from the autumnal equinox to the winter solstice.

3. the first stage and freshest period: the spring of life.


Today is the twentieth day of the month of March in the year two-thousand and nine.

It is officially the first day of SPRING - my favorite season of the four. If I were a poet writing a poem about "spring", I'd start it off by saying:

*clears throat*

"Spring...*insert long ass pause*...is FRESH
Fresh...*insert another long ass pause*...is SPRING
I love the Freshness of Spring"


*the crowd erupts in a sea of finger snaps*

***SIDENOTE: I have that copywritten and if it's used without my written consent, I will sue. Thank you. END SIDENOTE***

On the real, Spring represents a time of the year where many things are given birth or rebirth to. Flowers bud. Trees spout leaves. Grass grows and turns greener. Mosquitos, flies, bees, ants, and other insects reemerge to feast on our bar-b-ques, pool parties, picnics and trash. Pollen coats our cars and our allergies fuck up our days due to constant nose-running, sneezing, coughing, itchy, red-eyes (the shyt tends to stick to my contacts), boy meets girl and they both possibly become...well, sprung. As Lisa Lisa would say, "Que sera que sera."

Gotta love the spring.

I'm taking this day to soak in the wonders of Spring. However, I also must focus on the rebirth that comes with it. By now, many of us have broken our New Year's resolutions and whatnot (if we had any...do people still make those??), but take Spring as a moment to get revitalized and rejuvenated. To be perfectly honest, my focus wavered throughout the first quarter of this year but I woke up this morning feeling different. A good different. With spring comes a time for self-evaluation. No beating yourself up over situations you may or may not have any control over. Just acknowledging things. And proceeding on.

I'm just talkin' shyt y'all. Take it for what it's worth. Just excuse me as I "rise, leap, move or act suddenly and swiftly, as by a sudden dart or thrust forward or outward, or being suddenly released from a coiled or constrained position."

Jeah!!

Here's a gem from the diabolical Biz Markie..."It's Spring Again"
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you crack me UPPPP. but on the real spring is the best! I was just thinking today that I need to make a mix of songs that remind me of spring to celebrate the great weather...