Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Favorite Song (Right Now) part ONE!!

The homie Telese posted a blog several days ago that contained the video for Ne-Yo's "Independent Woman"(Remix) (or whatever the song is called). I hate the original, but the remix, delights me much. I enjoy the video's simplicity also. It got me to thinking how I am a fan of Ne-Yo and really enjoy his writing for other people. Case In Point...

Photobucket

NKOTB feat. Ne-Yo "Single"

Little known factoid about me (well, actually, you might already know this), I am a fan of music...translated, that means I appreciate everything from the World's Most Dangerous Group, NWA's "Fuck The Police" to "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack to the Carpenters' "Close To You" to "Feels So Good" by Chuck Mangione to L'Trimm's "Cars With The Boom".

I will admit (proudly) that I wasn't a fan of New Kids On The Block back in the day...But this joint is a definitive BANGER!!

As most R&B and Pop songs, the premise is corny, but hell, I can be corny (in an ultra-charming way) at times, so I can actually see myself sayin' some shyt like "I'll be your boyfriend 'til the song goes off"...lol. I can SO say this and make it work. Trust me on this...LOL!!

Anyway, NKOTB's "Single" is My Favorite Song (Right Now)...with Tip's feat. Rhiana, "Live Your Life" coming in a CLOSE second. Who knows...this may change tomorrow but that's my statement and I'm sticking to it (for right now).

Oh yeah, if you're a SUPER-hard dude (and when I say "Super-hard" ~no brokeback~), who will never admit to liking a great song like this OR an undateable, "single", classless bytch, "I wanna rough neck/thug/d-boy"-type of female you may argue about this song's GREATNESS. In turn, you'll be wrong.

7 comments:

Telese said...

Heeeyy I love I Hope You Dance too!!!...I actually am a pretty solid country music fan...my friends laugh at me because not only do I watch the CMA's but I also watch CMT regularly and have a country station on my Pandora page...LOL!!! Okay now for the matter at hand...I actually like the song...I hadn't heard it yet but I like it. I wouldn't call it my favorite song of the moment but it's cool...Ne-Yo of course makes the song better and I think it sounded better to me once I averted my eyes from the screen...middle age white men and choreography...oh so corny...plus they don't look so good to me...I'd take a George Clooney any day but these dudes...not so much....LOL!!! Donnie still has a sexy voice though...yeah I used to have a thing for him....LOL!!!!

Monk said...

I really should start watching CMT. *oxymoron coming in 5...4....3....2...* COUNTRY ROCKS!! Some of their videos be SO on point.

Tha Management said...

I never was a NKOTB fan myself but we def have similar tastes in music.

Luvvie said...

I LOVE that "Miss Independent" remix. I'm sorry if folks dont agree, but Ne-Yo is a gifted songwriter. Dude's songs are BOMB!!

GOODENess said...

ok...off top, I am not a NeYo fan per se...I enjoy his work for others and occasionally he sings something I don't damn near break a nail trying to change the station as soon as I realize it's him...Miss Independent is definitely one of his more manicure preserving lullabies...

I want a Mr. Independent song, I would bang that joint in the WalMart parking lot on Sunday afternoon! (cuz that's where everybody be at on Sundays, lol)

Country ROCKS!! indeed...so does ummmm ROCK! lol

NKOTB, ummm... I loved them then, now it's kinda sad, but I haven't heard the song, so I will google it and shit...I mean after all, u were right about Green Light...

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

I just got to this blog, so I won't leave any snarky comments concerning Ne-Yo. I love music...that's it! :)

Princess Kandy said...

I appreciate all music, but favor Classical before others. Ne-Yo has a gift when it comes to writing, and I think the song for NKOTB is nice. My daughters actually like them, so I've had the pleasure of hearing a few songs from their CD and they have a few nice songs.